Ignorance – This is how it always goes
I avoid as much as possible to discuss with ignorant people, because my point of view and theirs’ lay mostly miles apart. This night, I was so bored and started reading up on Facebook.
In Belgium, the racist party has released a new poster. On the poster, the daughter of their first man, in bikini with a niqab holding a sign saying: Freedom or Islam. My friend shared a link to an article about the subject and the discussion began. At a certain point an ignorant stated that the west has way more prostitution, abuse, abortions, etc… than the Middle East.
I came with published statistics for all these crimes in the Middle East like:
– 1,5 million abortions in the MENA region in 2003 (source: pbs.org)
– 11% of the above abortions: mothers died because of bad conditions
– In Syria alone, an estimated 50,000 Iraqi refugee girls and women, many of them widows, are forced into prostitution. (source: ecpat.net )
– 4 out of 5 Middle-Eastern women are sexually abused between the ages of 3 and 6 by family members. (source: wikiislam.net)
– More than half of all Yemeni girls are married before reaching puberty. (source: wikiislam.net)
– 94% of Yemeni children (2-14 yrs) subjected to violence from a parent or guardian (source: wikiislam.net)
What was the ignorant’s answer?
“All these statistics prove the bad influence of the West on the Middle East”
“The abusers in the MENA region are all western sex tourists”
“We, muslims, are allowed to have 4 wifes, so we will not rape little boys. Only 1 out of a billion muslim men might be a rapist.”
“All this crimes wouldn’t happen if we would have Islamic states in the Middle East”.
Ladies and gentlemen, please allow me to puke. Tfou!!!