Happiness Checklist for 2012
1. Don’t Gossip. – I can’t completely check this off yet. I don’t randomly gossip, but if someone will ask my opinion about someone, I’d just go ahead and say it. (I do regret my honesty sometimes.)
2. Do offer 3 genuine compliments every day. – Well, for now, I live in between the walls of my room approx. 20 hours per day. Bas I’ll try to work on it. Maybe I can look in the mirror and compliment myself. Though I think that complimenting someone else would be much easier.
3. Don’t slate yourself. – I think I should skip this one for now, until I feel better. I’ll keep it in the back of my head though.
4. Do be your own friends. – Idem point 3.
5. Don’t focus on negatives. – Hmmmm… this list is starting to get hard. I think I’m just in a bad state of mind because of being bored, not having a job, not having any money, not finding a good place to live and other personal problems.
6. Do focus on positives – the more uplift/inspiration, the better. – Hmmmmm… let me fix the negative parts first and then I’ll work on positivism.
7. Don’t fight back. – I have this problem that whenever I feel someone is doing me wrong, I have to react somehow. I guess I’ll have to live by the motto: Live and let live.
8. Do remain calm – Defending an attack invests in an attack. – Idem point 7.
I guess there is a lot of work left for 2012. Luckily for me, the year has just started and I have a lot of time left to accomplish the whole list. Can’t wait for the year to end to look back on this post.