Quick curry-style noodles with vegetables
Yesterday I’ve made us dinner for the first time in ages. I didn’t feel good lately and when I don’t feel good, my cooking sucks.
The other reason I didn’t cook for a while is that some of our housemates transformed the kitchen into a mess, so I actually avoided to enter there.
When I cook, I just freestyle. I check my cupboard and the fridge and freezer and just throw together a couple of stuff. Some of my Facebook friends requested this recipe and one of my housemates who tried it as well, so here it is.
Quick Curry-Style Noodles with Vegetables
3 garlic cloves
2 small spring onions
400g frozen (or fresh) spinach
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
100g red lentils
(I also added a leftover of frozen peas and carrots – around 50g)
1 can coconut milk
1 big tbsp green curry paste
salt & peper
1. Cut the garlic and spring onions in small pieces. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and add the garlic and spring onions.
2. Once they become glossy, after about 5 minutes, add the lentils and frozen vegetables and stir until they are thawed.
3. Add the rinsed chickpeas and give it a quick stir.
4. Stir the curry paste through the vegetables and add the coconut milk.
6. Add the spices and stir.
6. Add the noodles and stir them through the veggies/coconut milk.
7. Let it simmer a bit on a low fire. If the coconut milk is absorbed, add some water until the noodles are done.
If you love spicy, you can add some chilies in step 1.
Disclaimer: The ingredients are a rough guess as I don’t use measurements while cooking but I go with my taste buds.